Tuesday, May 8, 2012

And then this time I took an ex-zebra and some fabric up to a roof...

After the last traces of Zebra were washed down the sink (see previous post), my crazy creative Sunday could continue! Julia was once again a trooper, climbing up to Jen's rooftop in a tiny dress and bare feet. That probably sounds easier than it is. Jen's rooftop is accessed by a 10 foot long rickety iron ladder that leads to a trapdoor. The ladder is conveniently located behind disused air conditioners and bikes in a darkened closet!

We got up there just in time to catch the dying sunset and Julia posed against an awesome old advertising billboard frame that just has so much character. I'd actually imagined shooting against it months before when I saw it from the street. I had lugged a big Dynalite Pack and Strobe setup on to the roof and ran the extension cable down to Jen's place. I really enjoyed playing with the flash against the diminishing ambient light and using it for some great backlit flare effects. 




No comments:

Post a Comment