Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Jewelry Shots for Ruff&Cut

Ruff&Cut is a company specializing in fair trade, socially responsible jewelry. Their beautiful designs have a timeless appeal yet stray far from the traditional. Many of their ethically sourced stones are presented in their "Ruff" unpolished states which gives a very different perspective and removes some of the stuffy formality associated with high end diamond jewelry. Please take a look at the company website www.ruffandcut.com.
Recently I was asked to photograph some of their pieces for catalog and promotional use and even though I have had little experience with product photography in the past, I was happy to give it a go. Let me tell you, these shots look simple but strange things happen when you photograph something this small! There was definitely a steep learning curve, but I think I cracked it and added a new string to my bow. Enjoy the shots.

 
 
Earrings From the new "Klido" line, hence the polished stones!
  
  
  
  


No comments:

Post a Comment